Skip to main content

A Beloved Community Fixture

Does your Agile community have a local hub, a place where you are 80% sure you will run into almost everyone in the local universe if you attend enough events, meet ups, and bar tabs?

Mine does, ... let's test this out...  I will tell you my locations - and if you know much about it, let's see if you can ... guess, ... no, not guess,  predict, no... forecast - can you forecast the name of our local hub of Agile community?

I'm in Grapevine, TX ... let me broaden that for you...  Dallas / Fort Worth.

Now if you have any experience with the DFW area ... been to user groups in the area or perhaps software development oriented conferences.... you may know the place where... like Cheers - where everybody knows your name.  Who is it?

Spoilers .... hi sweetie ... I will put the answer a bit further down the page.

I just read this article in INC. - Here's the Secret Sauce for Turning Your Business Into a Beloved Community Fixture By Leigh Buchanan Editor-at-large, Inc. magazine.

Go right ahead... click that link... (I really don't mind you leaving my site without reading one of the other 400 articles... doesn't bother me at all,  I hope you're finding value in this ONE article).
Customers appreciate it when local vendors donate to causes they support. But community isn't just about philanthropy. Great small businesses go where their neighbors and customers go. They participate in local functions and festivals and fashion shows and fun runs. Many also act as community hubs, offering for free their own classes or events. Some just provide places for people to hang out.
These companies are exemplars of community involvement.

I truly hope that you have found this business in your community - if not, consider what a colleague of mine did...  Lance Dacy (Big-Agile.com), started his own Scrum community - DFW Scrum with the help of ... well did you guess who, yet?

http://improving.com/about

Yes, that's right... you knew it all along... not going to fool you...

... it's Improving Enterprises, in Dallas.

Comments