I don't think 5 keys need to be ordered. I've narrowed down a long list of keys, these are the ones that floated to the top. So these are not in order of importance or steps in adoption; no, you have to do all of these at the same time.
- Everyone is responsible for teamwork.
- A culture of experimentation, reflection and learning.
- Define multiple rhythms - stick to the beat. Pay attention to the syncopations.
- Visualize your work - all of it, and in multiple ways (task boards, diagrams, UML, reports, alarms).
- Get a Product Owner that wants to play ball in the Scrum mentality - or don't even start.
I may expand upon the meaning of these bullet points later.
What do you think is key for a new organizations Scrum adoption?
ScrumProUK - Simon Morris @Simo_Morris
Product Owner in a Nutshell - video by Henrik Kniberg of Crisp.
An Agile Adoption and Transformation Surval Guide by M. Sohota