Dialogue on the difference between change and transition. How long does change take? What is a transition? Bridges Transition Model: Ending - Neutral Zone - New Beginning.
Dialogue on the difference between satisfiers and dissatisfaction in the workplace (Herzberg's Two-Factor theory).
See Gallup's Q12 Employee Engagement survey.
First just capture all the reasons that might be the answer to - Why change?
Typical reasons (if you need to prime the pump - or when the answers slow down - throw one of these out to head in a different direction).
- Current process just doesn’t work
- Decrease time to market for new products
- Cost reductions, improve effeciencies
- Scrum is the methodology of the decade (soup de-jour)
- We’ve tried all the others - maybe this one will catch on
- The boss said so
- Our competator is doing it
- Exponential change rate of market space requires ability to “pivot” into new market spaces with our existing products
- We don’t really know what our customers desire until we deliver it
- Outsourcing is hard so maybe this will fix it
- Our quality is too low - so Scrum will fix it
- Dot Vote - 3 dots each - which is the organization true motivation?
- 5 Whys? - Identify one item and ask WHY until you have a root cause motivation.